Wednesday 22 February 2012

Wednesday, 22nd of February

My colleagues were asking about my book today, which is odd as normally we don’t have that much in the way of chat. But they showed an interest and posed a few questions, and I roused myself from my normal stupor to tell them a little bit about it. I said that it’s basically about a man who is unhappy in his life, and has an incredible offer put to him by an old acquaintance – and from there follows paranoia, fear and terror. I kept a smile on my face as I described it, as basically a conversation like that might lead to a sale (visit my website, you can find out more information about it there (grins warmly)), but basically as I was speaking I was thinking how close that description was to my own life. I’m a dissatisfied man in my Thirties, I have paranoia and frequent fearful and terrifying dreams. The only thing I haven’t had yet is the wonderful offer, as far as I can see my life is just going to keep plodding along with no chance of a change. (For whatever reason, I seem truly incapable of altering my own life).
So far, so like my book.

Except I know how my book ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment