Monday 13 February 2012

Sunday, 12th of February

Well the coffee went as well as I could possibly have hoped. We met in a Starbucks on the South Bank and Julie was still quite teary – she told me that she’d wanted for so much from me and felt that I’d let her down. I reiterated what I’d told her about me not being the one who told Alison, and in fact I was equally as baffled as she was as to how Alison could know. As for the calling by the wrong name, there are only so many ways I could apologise for that but I think I tried them all.
Gradually she softened and we twisted our fingers together below the table. I kissed her on the cheek and told her how much I liked her and how I really wanted to keep our thing going. And after a little cajoling, I persuaded her that we should try again with our nice evening out. It’s Valentine’s Night this week and that, I said, was perfect for it. I don’t know how eager she was at first, but I convinced her, flattered her until she agreed.

Tuesday it is! Though God knows what kind of restaurant I’m going to get a reservation in at this short a notice. She said she doesn’t mind just drinks, but I’d like to do this properly if we can.

As we kissed goodbye, gentler and more caring than before, I reiterated how much I liked her and how much I wanted to see her. She said that she liked me too and we agreed to put all this behind us for Tuesday.

It was such a sweet moment.

There were no phone calls on my way home this time. But I had that dream again of watching Elvina in the park. In it, I realise now, I am definitely with Alison. If I am really dreaming the future, does that mean she’s coming back?

No comments:

Post a Comment