Monday 20 February 2012

Monday, 20th February - addendum

And so I finally went and saw Louise, and she sat there as I calmly explained that what I want from life this year is to make a real go of things with Julie, work to make my book successful, and perhaps do something about the fact that I’m in a crap and boring job that I pretty much hate.
I did not mention my dreams, I didn’t mention Alison’s disappearance (and resurrection over the telephone), I certainly didn’t mention my growing suspicion that someone else comes into my flat and makes themselves at home when I’m not there. I knew she wouldn’t have wanted to listen to any of those fears, to any of those notions which so dominate my mind. So rather than try to get past her wall of scepticism, rather than try to earnestly speak as she almost literally rolls her eyes – I decided to avoid it all.

I am now paying a therapist so that I can lie to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment