Sunday 12 February 2012

Saturday, 11th of February

I left Julie two voicemails – the second longer and more impassioned, but both emphasising the same points:

  • I did not tell Alison about us;
  • I’ve had no contact with her besides that bizarre phone-call where she already seemed to know about the two of us;
  • the reason I didn’t tell Julie about that phone-call was that it all just seemed so inexplicable and weird. It seemed better to concentrate on us rather than Alison and whatever she was doing. That just seemed the most sensible thing to do.
The only part I couldn’t adequately explain, of course, was calling her by the wrong name. All I could say was that until recently I was going out with Alison and now we were having an argument with Alison as its cause. From that point of view it was an understandable mistake for a stupid person to make. But there was no way I could justify it and all I could do was apologise humbly and profusely.
About two hours after the second voicemail she finally called me back. She was in tears but she listened and we had a conversation. I don’t think she wanted to see me again for a little while, but I managed to persuade her and we’re going for coffee in a couple of hour’s time.
I have all my apologies lined up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment