Saturday 18 February 2012

Saturday, 18th of February

There’s no point calling the police, as they’d just think I was an irrational madman wasting their time (and maybe they’d have a point). But I’ve been here a day now and I swear that there is something different. It’s impossible to put my finger on, to say precisely what it is – nothing has been trashed and nothing has been stolen, but it feels as if someone was here. Without a doubt it seems like everything I own has been moved an inch, that someone has been here and just subtly switched things around.
It’s all crazy and nonsensical (how could anyone have gotten in given the state of the lock?) but it does feel to me as if someone was here. When I was outside I was so looking forward to the sanctuary of my own flat, and now it doesn’t feel safe at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment