Thursday 23 February 2012

Friday, 24th February

What about dream guides? Why don’t I set about a Freudian interpretation of my dreams?
I could do that, I could drive myself crazy doing that – but that reduces my dreams to the level of symbols and metaphors. All well and good, except the things I’m seeing appear to be too real to be reduced in that way. What if I am dreaming the future?

Obviously I know that none of my dreams are the same, that I see different things in each of them. But the one common thread is that I’m always dreaming of an end – some dreadful and bloody finale, the form of which is yet to be decided.

I don’t tell this to Louise, but I do believe that I am dreaming what’s ahead – and it is a terrifying place. And that’s why I don’t pick up a psychology textbook and start working out what they all mean, as the scope of these dreams goes way beyond my own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment