Wednesday 8 February 2012

7th February, 2012

Another dream last night.
This one must be new though.

I’m stood in a London park I don’t think it’s one of the royal parks, if I had to guess I would say it was Burgess Park. (Not that I’ve ever been there more than once in my life). I’m stood in a crowd. Well I say a crowd but that implies that we’re all jammed in tight together, it’s more a loose gathering of people – just staring towards a distant stage. The stage seems miles away, and yet even over thousands of heads I can see it clearly.

With me is a girl. Shamefully I’m unable to remember (or maybe I couldn’t tell at the time) whether it’s Alison or Julie. Or maybe it’s neither of them. Maybe it’s just a girl, perhaps it doesn’t matter.

The two of us are staring at the stage and on it appears Elvina. She looks fabulous, magnificent – much better than I’ve ever seen her in Clerkenwell. She seems to have even bigger breasts, a tinier waist, longer legs – in short, the sheer embodiment of sex.

And yet, unlike Clerkenwell, she isn’t greeted with whoops and hollers. Despite all the thousands (tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands) of people there, at least half of them of men, she appears on stage to utter silence.

Seemingly undaunted though, she leans slightly back once and then – rather than sing – hollers into the distance. It’s a horrible sound, a deathly sound, one you would think no human larynx is capable of.

Now the audience responds, now everyone turns their heads to see what she’s looking at.

In the distance, over The City, arises a bright red mushroom cloud.

It’s the last thing any of us ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment