Wednesday 16 May 2012

Wednesday, 16th of May

I had the dream of zombies last night (if that’s what they actually are).
I’m stood in The City on a beautiful summer’s day (so unlike the ones it’s been our pleasure to enjoy this May) and from the distance comes the pounding of rushing feet. Even though I’ve had this dream so many times now, even though a large part of me knows what’s coming, I still have all kinds of wild theories rushing through my mind as to what that noise could be. Is it some kind of runaway train? Is it a herd of buffalo? (A common sight in The City of London). Even though I on many levels know what’s coming, I still flinch when this mass of deranged humanity charges around the corner towards me. They come as a wave, an unstoppable force. There are all these people in suits and summer dresses and shorts and T-shirts; ostensibly normal human beings, now with the gleam of death in their eyes. It’s only when they are upon me that I really get afraid, that I crouch down and cry out when their fingers tear into my flesh.

Julie had a dream of being chased screaming outside her flat last night.

Dexter Phillips’ dream saw him on top of a hill looking at all this carnage humanity is ripping into itself.

The two of them are going to meet each other this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment