Monday 28 May 2012

Monday, 28th of May

Last night was the dream where I’m stood out on my street. I am alone, stark naked and staring at the houses opposite fully aware that something terrible is coming my way. It is going to crash from the sky and destroy all around me. What is it? I still have no idea, but as I stand there and feel the breeze tingle every inch of my skin, I know how dreadful it will be.
Just as dreadful is the fact that I’m alone. I know that somewhere there are other people having the exact same experience to me, but they so far away and I am completely unable to contact them. Instead I am utterly by myself, there is no one sympathetic around me. All I can feel is hostility. There are eyes peering at me naked and vulnerable, but each of the gazes is hostile and frightening. These people – hidden away behind their doors and windows – also sense this coming doom, but they are not responding with fear, they are lashing out with hatred for those who are not like them. Stood out on my street, I am very much not like them. I am trembling and afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment