Tuesday 29 May 2012

Tuesday, 29th of May

In my dream last night I was stood outside the Surrey Quays shopping centre knowing that something awful was going to emerge from below. Of course I’ve had this dream so many times, I’m aware what’s going to happen before there’s a single tremor or hint of disturbance. But last night was different, the fear and intensity of the vision was so incredible that it was impossible to believe for even the fraction of a second that all would be well. The dread seemed to transmit itself onto the faces of all the passers-by. Every one of them looked absolutely terrified, as if they knew without a doubt that the steps they were taking right then were the last ones they’d ever take.
I woke with a yell of fear, covered in sweat. Julie was beside me, crying in her sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment