Monday 7 May 2012

Sunday, 6th of May

I’ve really concentrated on the dreams this week. They are all now so familiar to me that I’m able to take a step back and see what’s truly going on within them and look for clues, for things that are there which will help me understand. That’s both for my own benefit and because I desperately wanted to impress Mister Dexter Phillips. All week long I’ve been thinking about him, and what Denise said. That he is the man who has worked hardest to find the key to all of this, that he has the keenest understanding of what is happening to all the people (and it’s not just me) who dream. I didn’t want to go in there clueless, I didn’t want to be stumbling in with nothing to offer. Undoubtedly I want him to help interpret my dreams, but I also want to interpret some of them myself.
We met in the same coffee house that I‘d met Elvina/Denise in last week.  Initially when I arrived Denise was there alone and she greeted me with a soft kiss on the cheek and a nervous little smile. I felt myself sink within my shoes for a second, thinking that for some reason he hadn’t come. There was no problem though, she said, and then she left me at the table with an Americano and went out – with perhaps a little stardust in her eyes – to fetch him.

As the door opened I could feel the presence of him straight away, the sheer assurance. He’s really not a big man, being – I think – no taller than five foot five, but he greets the world with a solid confidence. Dexter Phillips walked in with a swagger, wearing tight jeans and a brown leather jacket. He’s a good looking guy, with blue eyes, tanned skin and wavy blonde hair – like some California surfer dude exiled from the 1960s. We shook hands and he smiled me a capped smile and then he sat down in front of me.

We faced each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment