Friday 4 May 2012

Friday, 4th of May

At the end of our coffee it was difficult to know how to say goodbye. It was such an intense hour of conversation that I almost thought I should take her in my arms and hug her. Hold her close and thank her for opening my eyes, giving me salvation from the fear that I was cracking up, Instead after a second or two of fleeting awkwardness, we shook hands and said our goodbyes in a polite and dignified fashion. We are meeting up again this Sunday. She has promised to introduce me to Dexter Phillips.
When I told Julie about it she was amazed and impressed in equal measure. With excitement bubbling in her voice she asked me lots of questions, teasing out every detail. Clearly she’s gone from a kind of warm scepticism, to a serious belief. I think she wants to meet Dexter Phillips herself, but I want to see him first. She says that she also wants to meet Elvina, and I’m holding back on that for now. The Elvina who appears on the stage seems a much different person from the one I met at the weekend, and for now I’d rather focus on the part of her that’s Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment