Tuesday 17 January 2012

January the 17th, 2012

Well I called her at her office today, and now I’m really worried.
I slipped out at lunch and dialled her from my mobile with sweaty fingers. Of course if she’d answered, she could easily have got rid of me and said that she was busy and couldn’t talk now – first day or two back and all of that. Perhaps I’d have taken from that conversation that she didn’t want to speak to me again, but at least I’d have heard her voice. However she didn’t answer her phone, her secretary did.

June, her name is, and although I’ve never met her I’ve heard Alison chat about her a number of times, and spoken to her once or twice myself. She’s always struck me as bubbly and open. Today she answered the phone with anxiety creased through her tones.

“No,” she told me, after I asked. “She hasn’t arrived in yet, although she was supposed to come in yesterday. It is all very peculiar.”

So she hasn’t shown up at work either. Has she even arrived in the country?

Most of her friends I met were British, there was only one Australian – Katie her name was. I’m now racking my brains to remember where this Katie told me she worked, so I can contact her. I’ve never met Alison’s parents or her siblings (we weren’t together that long), so I can’t get in touch to ask them. But I have to find out whether anyone in Australia knows where she is. I have to find out what’s going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment