Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday, 29th of April

I’m just back from my coffee in Elvina. Nervously I walked through the rain to a cafe in Shepherd’s Market and now my head is spinning. To be honest I didn’t recognise her, the girl I met was a paler and more wan, with dirty blonde hair (in performance it’s a wig apparently). Off stage she also seemed shorter, less curvy, shyer. Her eyes were the same though, she would always have difficulty hiding that sparkle in her eyes. Leaning forward as we were sharing confidences (and quite softly spoken) she told me that a lot of what I see is showmanship and confidence. She isn’t Elvina in real life.
In real life she is Denise, and it’s what Denise has to tell me which is crucial:

·         She is having dreams as well. In fact she is having the exact same dream where she stands on that stage, performing in a park and sees a nuclear explosion in the distance.

·         Not only that, she has seen and recognised me in her dreams.

·         There are others like us, others dreaming the same thing. She’s been busier than I was, is less prone to navel gazing, and has got to know some of them.

·         One of them is a dream guru, someone who is exploring this phenomenon and linking them altogether. His name is Dexter Phillips and she is going to introduce me to him.
But that’s only the bare bones of what she told me and I will write all these incredible things in full detail throughout the week. For now, I have to sit down and stop my heart from beating so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment