Saturday 21 April 2012

Saturday, 21st of April

Another dream last night where I see the world ‘afterwards’. That’s the only way I can explain it – whatever cataclysmic event occurs, this is the consequence.
In these dreams it seems to be perpetually dusk, as if a smog has descended determined to choke those few remaining members of humanity. There’s no way I can be sure but I think I’m in London, although a version that seems to have been beaten and destroyed.  I can see myself walking down a road – no, ‘walking’ isn’t right, ‘skulking’ would be a far better word. My movements are furtive, like a rat’s, trying not to be seen or heard. Suddenly ahead, coming faintly on the breeze, are sounds. It’s impossible to tell what these sounds are – no way to know whether they’re human or animal – but my instinct for self preservation is now so high, I take no chances. Rodent-like I back away into the darkness and with every nerve jangling crouch down and wait for these sounds to drift away. I'll wait until I feel safe again, then I’ll re-reconnoitre my route and hopefully continue my journey.

How does all this fit into the puzzle?

No comments:

Post a Comment