Saturday 28 April 2012

Saturday, 28th of April

It was the dream in the park last night. All of us stood together staring at some distant stage, on which Elvina – looking delicious in her full regal Elvis outfit – blasts out doom laden songs to a fast beat. I am stood with Julie (it is definitely Julie) and she bounces happily in my arms as if she doesn’t understand what’s going on. Perhaps no one but me understands what's going on, maybe not one of them is aware that behind us will bloom up a mushroom cloud. We are listening to the end of the world and the end of the world is coming to meet us.
Except there might be one person there who does know what I know. She’s a long way off and so I can’t be sure, but Elvina looks clearer to me up there on the stage. It’s like she’s staring directly at me. Possibly, just possibly, we are communicating already.

No comments:

Post a Comment