Monday 9 April 2012

Monday, 9th of April

So what about religion? Is that something which, on this of all weekends, could help me? No, I don’t think so. Both my parents are fundamentalist atheists, and so the way I was raised precludes me from reaching for the church. I just don’t see the appeal of it, I don’t see the reality of it. So even in this moment of crisis, I can’t fall back on it. Besides there is nothing in these dreams that makes me think of The Bible – even The Old Testament or apocalyptic Revelations stuff. No this is something different.
The more I think about it, the more I believe these dreams are a puzzle to be solved. I am dreaming of the world ending in so many different ways: meteors from the sky; nuclear explosions; creatures from beneath; a rampaging madness that tears apart humanity itself. I see an after world that is cold and dark, but there are survivors – so how does that relate to my other dreams? In those visions of destruction it all looks so final (certainly for me, I seem to be at the centre of all of them), so how could I – and other people as well – manage to survive?

No these dreams can’t all be literal, they can’t be straight premonitions. They are telling something else and I just have to work out what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment