Monday 19 March 2012

Monday, 19th of March

My fever dreams are difficult to recall with any clarity now, but I’m sure there was one of them involving Louise. We were sat in her room, and her eyebrow was raised as I talked through one of the crises in my life – probably the dreams themselves, but maybe the intruder in my flat, or perhaps Alison. (Not even my own therapist takes me seriously). And just as her eyebrow arches its highest, there is a sudden explosion from outside. It’s an incredible sound, clearly not particularly near but one that vibrates through us both and smashes the glass in the windows. In an instant the air is sucked out of the room, and the expression on her face changes. It looks like fear, but perhaps there is also the realisation that she should really try to believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment