Monday 25 June 2012

Monday, 25th of June

So, what about what about the thing which raises itself up from below? The beast which, in my Surrey Quays dreams, smashes apart the tarmac seemingly determined to destroy us all? In that particular dream I’m stood outside the shopping centre, feeling a terrifying sense of dread that seems shared by everyone around me. Then, suddenly, the world shakes and the pavement bursts to reveal something. What it is I don’t know, but I’m sure I have seen it in my night visions and think that it was so terrible that my mind has just blocked it out.
We have all had variations of this dream, we’ve all experienced the dread of this primal force rising up from below our feet – from the very core of the earth – to devour every one of us.

But what does it mean? The vision that’s most persuasive suggests something will drop from the sky and unleash a virus likely to destroy us all. So what is this terrible thing from below? How does that fit in? Sometimes, now we’re all together (and the power of these dreams seems a hundredfold more intense, now we are altogether), we all get the sense that something is watching us. Others think that we are monitored by forces (government or other) somehow, but I occasionally have the thought that it’s the thing below looking up and wondering how we’re coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment